So you’ve been told you have “gum disease”? You may be wondering about things like:
- What is gum disease?
- What are the signs of gum disease?
- How is gum disease treated?
- Is gum disease curable?
Luckily, Charm Dental in Spring and Richmond, TX has the answers for you!
What is gum disease?
Gum disease—commonly referred to by dental professionals as periodontal disease—is an extremely common dental condition which ultimately leads to infections of the gums, gums separating from teeth and even tooth loss! Other symptoms of gum disease include:
- Swollen Gums
- Irritated/Tender Gums
- Gum Discoloration
- Signs of Infection
- Chronic Bad Breath
- Shifting Teeth
- Loose Teeth
- Missing Teeth
In its early stages (gingivitis), periodontal disease can actually be reversed; however, as it progresses it is no longer curable and must be managed.
About Gum Disease Treatment in Spring and Richmond, TX
At Charm Dental in Spring and Richmond, TX, we offer various periodontal treatments for our patients who have been diagnosed with gum disease. These treatments are to help manage gum disease and prevent it from progressing any further, causing more dental complications.
- Tooth Scaling – During our Spring and Richmond tooth scaling treatment, we will use special dental tools to carefully but thoroughly remove any plaque, tartar, bacteria or infection from any affected teeth, the gum line and below the gum line.
- Root Planing – Once teeth have been completely scaled, we will use tools to smoothen the tooth roots, which will allow your gums to reattach and heal properly.
For those that experience severe periodontal disease, surgical intervention may be necessary and may include:
- Periodontal Pocket Reduction – During your Spring and Richmond pocket reduction, any plaque or infection will be removed, and each tooth will be smoothened, once smooth we will attach your gum tissue back for proper healing.
- Gum Disease Gum Graft – As gum disease progresses, it is common to lose gum tissue; if this turns out to be the case for you, we can cover any exposed tooth roots or dental structures and repair areas of your gums, making them look and feel better.
Looking for a Spring and Richmond periodontist for your gum disease treatment? Contact Charm Dental today; we’d be happy to schedule your Spring and Richmond gum disease treatment appointment! We’re always accepting new patients and look forward to helping you achieve and maintain optimal oral health!