Regardless of when you have lost your natural teeth, you should not lead the rest of your life without them. Teeth play an important role in life, supporting various body functions that would be problematic otherwise. Other than the functional role of teeth, if you are in any way concerned about your aesthetic appearance, then you should consider a tooth replacement procedure that can help replace your missing teeth.
What Are Dental Implants?
They are small screw-like metal posts made of titanium that are inserted in the jawbone of your mouth as a replacement for missing teeth. Ideally, one dental implant is implanted as a replacement for one single tooth. However, in some other cases, dentists may use different approaches to ensure that the dental implants in Katy, TX can replace multiple missing teeth in a row.
Even then, dental implants are not for everyone. Patients with infections in their mouths are not suitable candidates for dental implants. More to it, if your jawbone and gums are not healthy, you cannot receive implants. Dentists usually recommend a bone grafting surgery that will help restore the health of your jawbone. After this surgery, you will need some time to recover before receiving dental implants.
Top Benefits of Dental Implants
Before getting dental implants near you, you should at least know about the kind of benefits you stand to gain from choosing them over their counterparts. The top benefits of getting tooth implants are:
- Biocompatibility – it is not every day that you come about a metal that is compatible with your body. After getting dental implants near you, you need about 3 or 4 months to heal. Thanks to the biocompatibility of the titanium material, the dental implant will integrate with your bone tissue, becoming one with your oral cavity.
- Sturdiness – the strength of titanium material far and beyond beats that of porcelain or composites. Although no dental appliance can quite match the strength of natural teeth, dental implants in Katy, TX, come very close. The sturdiness is further reinforced by ample stability and support from the jawbone and gums.
- Durability – Dental implants in Katy Can last for more than ten years. In fact, many patients that receive dental implants in TX have them for the rest of their lives. It is more than can be said of other tooth replacement alternatives like dental bridges or dentures. In that case, you can regard dental implants as permanent tooth replacement solutions for lost teeth.
- Natural-looking results – once you receive your dental implants in 77449, the result is similar to having natural teeth. Ideally, dental implants replace both the two root and crown. Therefore, the result of your treatment will be a natural-looking result that is also aesthetically appealing to the eye. Besides, the dental appliances used to crown an implant are tooth-colored, adding to the natural-looking advantage of dental implants.
- Cosmetic advantages – the number one aesthetic advantage of getting dental implants is closing up the gap between your teeth. Without a big gap to show that you have lost your teeth, no one will be staring at your smile for the wrong reasons. Other than that, dental implants also elevate your aesthetic appearance by promoting the fullness and youthfulness of your face. Ideally, teeth play a big role in supporting your facial muscles. Therefore, when you lose your teeth, part of your face will appear droopy as if you have been losing fat tissue in your face. After getting dental implants, however, you regain the lost support, which translates to a fuller and more youthful appearance.
- Versatility – although dental implants typically replace one single tooth at a time, they can be used for multiple tooth replacements. Your dentist will strategically install 4-8 dental implants in your mouth depending on the number of teeth missing. The implants will then be crowned with dentures affixed permanently to the implants. This way, dental implants will replace several missing teeth without necessarily doing it one by one.
If you are choosing to get dental implants, have a thorough conversation with your dentist about what your expectations are regarding the treatment, and whether they can be met.