Many people are very satisfied with their clear aligners. They are happy to be working toward a more attractive smile and enjoy the discreet and comfortable orthodontic treatment.
Yes, it is possible to savor the journey to better teeth alignment! To improve your experience even more, here are five tips for clear aligner comfort:
- Colgate Peroxyl: Prepare your tongue for 22 hours of aligner wear per day by swishing your mouth with Colgate peroxyl. It takes time for your mouth and tongue to adapt to the new device. Soft tissue irritation is a common unexpected nuisance for patients when they start wearing aligner trays. Swishing 2 or 3 times each day with Colgate Peroxyl will kill bacteria and heal mouth irritation naturally. A few swishes per day should help ease any discomfort.
- Removal: It can be difficult to remove the trays in the beginning. It may seem simple, just grab and pull from the outside. However, this isn’t the most effective way. Think inside out if using your fingers or try a removal tool like the OrthoKey.
- Keep Them Clean: Soak your aligners periodically in a disinfecting mouth rinse, like Listerine. Let the tray sit in the mouthwash for 2 to 3 minutes. In addition, if you add a pump or two of EverSmile White Foam once a day into your aligner trays you can brighten your teeth.
- SuperStay Lipstick: If you hate getting lipstick on your teeth, or your aligners, Maybelline has come up with a solution. SuperStay lip color stays in place until you remove it and outlasts whatever your day brings.
- Chew, Chew, Chew: Practice biting by performing chewing exercises several times every day. Do this every time you graduate to a new tray. Keep up with this practice will increase blood flow and reduce discomfort. Try biting on Chewies or Movemints to properly seat your aligner trays.