It refers to teeth cleanliness. In addition, dental hygiene is a series of steps taken to ensure the cleanliness and optimal health of the teeth, the gums, the tongues, and other structures associated with the mouth.
The mouth is one of the openings of the body and interacts with large amounts of foreign materials and pathogens. Thus good oral hygiene ought to be maintained.
Type of Teeth Cleaning
We have four main types of teeth cleaning for specific purposes, the type of teeth cleaning to be adopted by the teeth cleaning in Richmond TX or dental hygienist depends on the oral needs of the individual. Well, most dental clinics that practice teeth cleaning near me use any of the following techniques below.
- Scaling and Root Planing: Scaling and root planing are mainly recommended for individuals who suffer from different gum diseases. Since scaling and root planing involve smoothing out the surface of the tooth root and removing any debris and dental plaque therein. Normally, it takes multiple dental visits to complete the treatment.
The technique is invasive to an extent but not surgical. It’s a deep cleaning procedure of the teeth and other oral appendages.
- Gross Debridement: This is used mainly on individuals who have not visited the dentist in a long period. When such individuals come, the dentist usually carries out an oral examination to check whether the treatment requires gross debridement or prophylaxis cleaning.
gross debridement requires thorough deep cleaning to remove debris, tartar, and plaque that has built upon the surface of the teeth gums, etc.
- Periodontal Maintenance: This method is adopted by individuals who regularly visit the dentist with gingivitis, periodontitis; individuals with serious oral disease concerns. There is always the need to visit the dentist frequently until the ailment is well managed or brought under adequate control.
- Prophylaxis Cleaning: This is the type of teeth cleaning carried out by those with overall healthy teeth. Prophylaxis cleaning is mainly for the removal of tartar and plaque on the surface of the teeth, gum, and between the teeth.
For individuals who visit the dentist regularly and practice good oral hygiene, a prophylaxis cleaning is usually the recommended teeth cleaning procedure.
How To Brush Your Teeth
Good teeth cleaning in Richmond TX requires some FDA-recommended toothbrush toothpaste and clean water. The choice of toothpaste depends on the specific need of the individual. It’s advised to visit the dentist to help make a proper choice of the toothbrush and toothpaste.
The following includes the steps to be taken for a proper brushing to achieve optimal oral health;
- Rinse the mouth with clean water
- Put the toothpaste on the toothbrush. Brush from up to down in all corners of the mouth. Brush the tongue from inside to the outside.
- When you’re done, rinse the mouth properly with clean water.
There’re many diseases associated with dental health, few but not limited to includes;
- Leukoplakia – White patches of excess cell and tissue growth on the tongues, gums often found in smokers,
- Halitosis – This is a term for embarrassing foul swelling moths. It’s also called mouth odor. Some certain factors can cause it, but hyposalivation(decreased production of saliva) extremes it.
- Gingivitis – This is the inflammation of the dental gums.
- Periodontitis – This is a severe and extreme inflammation of the dental gums.
- Dental Caries- This refers to dental decay. It’s the inflammation of the teeth.
Importance Of Teeth Cleanliness
- To keep the oral cavity healthy; The teeth and associated structures.
- To promote interpersonal relationships and high public status.
- It helps in effective communications.
- It promotes self-esteem and confidence.
- To prevent tooth loss, especially in adulthood and old age.
- It gives room for brighter, whiter, and healthy smiles.
It can be seen from above that the need and importance of teeth cleanliness cannot be overemphasised because of its relevance in meaningful communication and oral health, etc