Dentist Near Me
Gum disease affects millions of Americans alone each year. It is a common issue among adults and children, yet it can be avoided altogether with the help of your experienced dentist. Our team at Charm Dental is eager to provide patients with facts and tips on how to take proper care of their gums and maintain a healthy smile. Continue reading on to learn of six ways you can keep your gums healthy with the help of our dentist in spring. TX, 77388.
What is Gum Disease?
Gum disease begins with the buildup of plaque along the teeth and gums. The harmful bacterias can quickly lead to an infection that can ultimately lead to tooth decay. The symptoms of gum disease include gums that are red, swollen, bleeding, and tender.
How Can You Keep Your Gums Healthy?
- Flossing your teeth everyday is one of the most important steps you can take to maintain a healthy smile. It helps to get rid of debris and tartar that is hard to reach with just a toothbrush.
- Book regular dental cleanings with your dentist in Spring and Richmond. Our dental team can easily detect gum issues early on and they are easiest to manage with early detection. These cleanings also help to eliminate the buildup of plaque.
- Brush your teeth, gums, and tongue at least twice a day. A soft bristle brush is the best as it is not too hard on your enamel. Replace your toothbrush every couple of months.
- Use a toothpaste that contains fluoride. Fluoride is a natural mineral that helps to strengthen teeth.
- Invest in a therapeutic mouthwash. A rinse is the perfect way to ensure you are getting all the debris out of your mouth.
- Quit the harmful habit of smoking. Smoking is harmful to your overall health and has a negative impact on your oral health as well. Smoking has been found to be strongly associated to gum disease as it weakens your bodies immune system.
Contact Charm Dental today to schedule your next dental cleaning with a member of our dental team in Spring and Richmond, TX.